Thursday 1 August 2013

July Foodie Penpal

It comes round quick doesn't it!
This is my 3rd parcel and I love everything about the whole process.. contacting other penpals to find out what they like/dislike and then browsing the local delicatessents for yummy things to get! This month I had a lovely person to give a parcel to and a lovely parcel received!
Look at all these gorgeous items...
This month my parcel was from a  lady called Susan who sadly doesn't have a blog to link to - we exchanged some lovely e-mails and fro the contents I received it transpires that we do have similar tastes! I love mediterranean cooking which
Susan called my box of delights a parcel to celebrate 'Sunshine and Holidays' with items from her four favourite European countries - France , Germany, Italy and Spain -  what a fab idea!! I may steal this thought for a future foodie parcel !
Included in this delicious creation were ...
Bonne Mamen Jam - from france - Raspberry is my favourite!
Hit Chocolate biscuits - From Germany - delicious - you can see from the picture that I have nibbled these already ! couldn't wait!
Lavazza Coffee - From Italy - I love coffee and reward myself with a real coffee everyday so always very pleased to try some.
De Cecco Pasta - Italien pasta - have seen this in the supermarkets before but haven't tried it
Chorizo - from Spain - I love chorizo and as I have a Veggie boyfriend I don't tend to buy meat just for me so this is very welcome!
Olives - from Spain - As soon as Stephen saw these his eyes lit up and said 'I'll try those for you!' Very kind of him!
Moom and Haribo - from Germany - These will go down very well!
Gorgeous parcel - thank you so much Susan....

I also exchanged some friendly emails with a very lovely lady called Liz who also doesn't have a blog . I sent her some of the yummy finds that I bought back from Spain and I have heard back and she said she loves them which so nice to hear - this is a lovely way to make new friends...... I wonder who I will get next....
why not sign up its a lot of fun....
If you would like to participate next month and live in the uk.. click here ...http://thisisrocksalt.com/foodie-penpals/

No comments:

Post a Comment