Wednesday 4 September 2013

Merengues

I made some lovely ice cream recently and was left with lots of egg whites so thought I would again tackle making merengues. I have only ever made one big one so thought now was the time to have a go at some smaller ones. I used the Jamie Oliver recipe that can be found here and it is also in his 'Cook With Jamie' book ( a bargain £2  purchase from the charity shop!! )
I whipped the egg whites into a frenzy ( using the electric whisk! My poor arms wouldn't be able to do that!) and added the sugar until lovely and glossy and then swirled bits onto grease proof paper ...easy peasy!

They came out beautifully,


Perfectly crispy on the outside and lovely and chewy in the middle.
We had them with raspberries, crème fraiche and a grating of chocolate my favourite dessert....

No comments:

Post a Comment