Thursday 14 November 2013

Applique

This isn't a food post as you can see ! But I also like to do other crafty things and thought that I would share these with you. I am one of those people who looks at things and thinks 'oh I can do that!'  and never gets round to making anything or I buy all the bits that you need to do a project and leave them in a cupboard for ages and then take them round to my mums and asks her to do them!! One of my 'projects' that I didn't quite do included Reindeer Candy Canes..

My mum has all the items needed for these ! She hasn't made them yet either !
I have a Board full of ideas that I hope to someday make

         

For a few months now I have been wanting to embellish some of Mollys' clothes with applique and I have a Pinterest board that I keep updating with designs that I would like to make - so this week I took the plunge and had a go - As I said I have been thinking about this for a while and have bought some plain tops from charity shops over the weeks and popped into material shops to get some sraps ( would love to have a go at quilting.. another project that I think about all the time...)
I am really pleased with the result - not sure how they will do after they have been washed but for the time being they look fab!

They are very simple designs as modelled by Molly


 She wasn't sure about being photographed here but it is the best one showing the heart.

You can't see the heart here but I love her smile!!
This is one I did for a friend who has just had a baby boy.

The Whale material is one of Stephens old shirts!

They were so easy to make and I feel very envigorated and want to do more! Will try using a sewing machine next time and add more material bits and maybe some buttons , maybe some pom poms....maybe some eyes...could go on forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment