Wednesday 6 November 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

In my October food parcel I received a tin of Pumpkin Pie filling. I have made a cake with It ( to be blogged soon!)  and had some left over and decided to make a little experiment and add them to some pancake mix.


I cheated and used a pancake mix from a supermarket - I know ... They are easy to make but it was only 10p and it is all measured out for you!
To my cheap mix I added a couple of tablespoons of the pumpkin pie filling, then about a tablespoon of brown sugar and a teaspoon each of nutmeg and cinnamon.
They came out a lovely orangey brown colour and smelt delicious.
As the mixture was quite thick I made little ones - Molly loved them and had them for her tea! I even had some left over that are in the freezer for another day..

No comments:

Post a Comment