Monday 18 January 2016

Meal Planning Monday - 18th Jan 2016

I love it when a plan comes together! Last weeks meals were fab - all went to plan but not necessarily on the days that I planned them. The Mexican Bean Lasagne was delicious and I used some of the ratatouille that I had made the day before in it as well. I did one online shop and only visited a supermarket once to get milk - result!! I am terrible for just popping in for a pint of milk and then £20 later.....
This week I am using some recipes from Fay Ripleys cookbook - Fay Makes it Easy



This is a fab book with lovely easy family friendly meals and there are a lot of vegetarian and meals that can be easily adapted to be vegetarian. I have chosen 3 meals from her book this week.

Monday - Pasta with prawns in tomato sauce.
Tuesday - Salmon and Leek lasagne ( from Fays book.)
Wednesday - Baked Bubble and Squeak - (Fays book)
Thursday - some sort of risotto with veg from the bottom of the fridge!!
Friday - Nutty Green Roast Veg ( from Fays book)

For the weekends I normally just 'wing it' - Saturday Stephen cooked a curry! Fab- he even went and bought all the ingredients. He didn't look in the cupboard before he went so we have a few duplicates of spices but I didn't have to cook so I am not bothered!

I have joined in with At Home with Mrs M and if you would like to join or have a nosy to see what people are having this week have a look here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This sounds like a great recipe book....I do like the sound of the Salmon and Leek lasagne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lovely book - one of the zillions that I have !

      Delete
  2. All sounds fab - have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder if I could get the children to eat prawns with pasta... thanks for the ideas - might take a look at that book too.

    ReplyDelete